Who am I?-a dilemma woven into a poem

Who am I?

(A dilemma woven into a poem)




Am I the delicacy of a royal princess
Or the might of a wrathful tigress
Am I pure and bare like an open book
Or the enigmatic depth of a meandering brook

I'm capable of an argument rendering you speechless
But I may choose to sit in a corner and cry

Who am I?


Am I preferring safety in my fortress
Or stepping out as indomitably fearless
Am I the protected jewel of the palace's chest
Or the uncrowned queen of the forest

I'm timidly polite and obedient to authorities unless
They challenge my courage to defy

Who am I?


Am I chasing perfection under duress
Or am I an unapologetic mess
Am I the eyes that bow down to his majesty
Or the verdict denying the hunter amnesty

I'm mature enough to know that I only got myself
With the childishness to yell complaints at the sky


Somedays the intricacy of the universe is easy to demystify
Other days I don't even know who am I!
                                                                                                 
                                                                                                               -Maithili

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Will You- a poem

Safety net- a poem

Still gain ground- a poem