What is love?

lovers

What is love?

But before answering this, tell me what is a river? Explaining love is as hard as explaining what a river is to someone who has been blind by birth and has never seen a river. The first thing I do when somebody says 'river' is visualize it. And someone who has never seen it, would never grasp it enough as I do. While explaining it, I'll always fall short of just the right words to make another person comprehend what exactly a river is and how it looks. 

Now tell me who is God. Or for that matter, what is God. A logical mind might deem it a power and hence would need a definition to actually comprehend what it is, how it impacts the world and other things associated with it. But in a palace of faith, especially in a country like ours where god can take several names and faces and forms, god is who they is. In such a sense, the question becomes objectionable. Despite of all the advancement in science and technology, what is god is still an objectionable question. The right question is who is god. And what I want you to know is that, I'm not saying there ain't no definition for love or god. But only a logical mind can reach to those. Someone who has faith, who has a personification, is freed from the need of a set of words to define it. Someone who is in love, has a personification and hence won't need a definition. And so, again, what is love is an objectionable question in this palace of faith. 

I've said it once, I'll say it again, someone who has felt love would never try to define it. The right question is, who is love. If love was a human body then who would it be? And as far as I'm concerned. Love is you

                                                                                                                                                                 -Maithili

Comments

  1. Outstanding 👍đŸģI liked the way where you explain love with river and God. This Pom has deep meaning .Amazing Please continue writing your poetry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god thankyou sooo much. You are the first one to ever comment on my blog. I'm soooi delighteddd. I just noticed the comment. Means so much.

      Delete
  2. This is insanely beautiful. I love the ending so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😍😍😘😘😘😘😘😘

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Will You- a poem

Safety net- a poem

Still gain ground- a poem