I can't write- a poem




I can't write

The last piece of my dessert is melting on my tongue

And I can't switch this remix to the song I always sung

I used to focus on a thought and paint a poem out of its colours

But these days clarity is invisible and I'm lost in the blurs

I'm overwhelmed with emotions and notions infinite, so much so that I can't write

I want to understand each ordinary person's unusual grind

But each step forward feels like I'm leaving something behind

Struggles bring luxury, pain teaches peace and gloom finds glow

Why does introspecting myself involve letting my loved ones go

I'm overwhelmed with the idea of being alone while boarding the flight, so much so that I can't write 

                                              -Maithili

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Will You- a poem

Safety net- a poem

Still gain ground- a poem