Walk to our home- a poem

 Walk To Our Home



When the summer sun reflects from the ripples of the lake
And we dare to kiss with the sunset on stake
I'm never getting enough of this dusk regardless how long we roam
I live 10 miles away but you choose to walk me home
Let's walk away from city clamour and traffic jam hubbubs
Let's walk away from commotion of the loud music clubs
Wanna piggy back by the river-side and hold your hand under the rain
After capering away from you, I'll look back once I'm down the lane
I want us to dance along the tree tunnel street
Amble by the meadow and babble memories bittersweet
You don't avert your eyes from mine yet saunter with me on the right road
When all at once I just stop to admire this love we've been bestowed
Forthwith my envision knows no limits and I begin to fancy a future poetic
Unconcerned if I'm just dwelling in a fool's paradise or being prophetic
I envisage nothing more than a world within my violet dome
I envisage nothing more than a similar walk to home
But this home won't be the one where my mum n dad live or yours do
This residence won't have room for anyone other than us two
A place where you still love it when I kiss you tip-toe
And it still drives me crazy when you woo me with a white rose
Where the neighbourhood couples love us and envy us as well
And murmur to passerbys, as responsible humans they tell
Most sarcastically they refer to us as the princess and the prince
And say "they met when they were 17 and have been 17 ever since"
I probably have the most immature mirage of the kind of spouse
But thats the sort of walk I desire to that sort of a house
                                          -Maithili

Comments

  1. Read it again today... This is the best one .. I have to say... Truly amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my personal favourite as well. Thankyou

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Will You- a poem

Safety net- a poem

Still gain ground- a poem