One Bonus Day - a poem

 One bonus day



I've been banging on this door of my new world for so long

And when it's finally time to step through, something feels wrong

If this is what I've always wanted then why is something shattering within

I promise I won't fail you god, but just give me one bonus day with him


Always dreamt of being emotionally independent and resilient to pain

But give me the chance to tear up inside his safe hug once again

I'll need him to hold me when I'm drowning in fear

I promise I'll go where I need to, just give me one bonus day here


I hate video calls and my voice is never sufficient to make him understand

And so I'll tell him I love him looking in his eyes, caressing his hand

Imagination kisses won't bring him hope amidst realities grim

So before he is on his own, give me one bonus day with him


His mirror always shows us together so I'm packing it along

I'm taking his late-night confessions and I'm packing every song

I'll pack his touch and hold his scent so near

But you know I can't pack his love, so give me one bonus day here


I keep pretending, I'm pensive because it's him I'm worried about

But coming to terms with distance from him puts my happiness in doubt

If I could have everything my way, I would always stay with him

But since I need to leave, at least give me one bonus day with him

                                                -Maithili

Comments

  1. The way you write these feelings , the way you express these feelings so beautifully and in such a professional manner is absolutely amazing.. this is being extremely talented and.. hatts off and .. also the content inside goes straight through my heart. Thank you .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Will You- a poem

Safety net- a poem

Still gain ground- a poem