Green Wonderland: a poem

Green Wonderland



 I let myself be drawn into the alleys of this unfathomable land

I let myself loose and walk to explore, to only find there's always more

We're obsessed with distant places; neighbourhood masterpieces appear bland

So I chose to ramble in this roadside structure, following the rutted sand


My tongue tastes the elegance of the dew drops on every surface

My sense of touch elated by the breeze; as far as my sight goes, trees

Birds' chirping form background music bringing the grin to my face

The scent of fresh air of ecstasy hits my lungs and leaves an indelible trace


This place is mysterious and comes up with new ways to mess with me

Everytime I visit, here and there it shuffles, one path or a couple

I roam around to navigate the river, but instead get lost in the sea

As I walk, this infinite track is what I look at, but it's inspiration that I see

-Maithili








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Will You- a poem

Safety net- a poem

Still gain ground- a poem