My pieces - a poem

 My pieces





I'm leaving, but I'm also leaving pieces of me for you to trace
Like sunshine reflects in the tan on your face
I am leaving but I'm also leaving you our relationship's scent
Through the foot I set in wet cement

Some are bad memories like your car dent
It would constantly remind you of that metaphorical accident
Others are like my fingerprint in your phone
Would probably make you cherish how our bond has grown

A few pieces of me are beyond what you are seeing
For they are just a part of your being
You know why little things have become a matter for you
I'm not answering, for I'm sure you have a clue

Your body is dripping hot and you're exceptionally fit
You think I might have something to do with it?
For me , you kept your condescending guile so far
That respectful innocence has just become who you are

Maybe you think I just wanna leave my scrap pieces in the past
But I'm actually taking the shiny temporary and leaving you what would last
So don't be fooled by how resplendent my new world might seem
Remember I'm carrying my nightmare but I'm leaving you my day dream

I'm leaving you meaningful colours while I'm packing black and white
I'm leaving you pieces that matter but they'll be hidden in plain sight
On days when pieces I left are hard to find
Your mirror would show you the most precious one I left behind

I'm leaving but I'm also leaving you our shared laughter
Not because it'll make it a happily ever after
I'm leaving but within you I'm burying some pieces deep
Only because these pieces of me are yours to keep
                                                 -Maithili


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Will You- a poem

Safety net- a poem

Still gain ground- a poem