My story- a poem

 My story



My dorm smells like dirty socks

While silence pierces through my ear

My heart trembles with anxiety

Only my diary is dear


My family suddenly flashes before my eyes

When I'm swimming from deep to shallow

Breaking up with my sweetheart boyfriend 

Is the price I pay to not be callow


Flew so far away, so brave

Where did I gather this courage

Also why and who am I and what am I doing

I only have questions at this stage


So I pick up my pen

Maybe there is magic in writing

Keep scratching my thoughts on paper

Till this meaningless quest sounds enlightening


Dark or insensible or profound or glowing

This poem is nobody's business but mine

Maybe the verses don't flow together to you

But to me I am writing my story just fine

-Maithili

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Will You- a poem

Safety net- a poem

Still gain ground- a poem