What you are to me- a poem

 What you are to me

picture from: @vectorisima




I know time for infidelity
It slips in a blink while feigning infinity
So, I won’t waste another day
Pretending you’re a daily chore

You’re a butterfly’s cocoon
My chilly winter’s noon
On my horrendous meltdown midnight
You’re my 3a.m. knock on the door

My running shoes, cutest pair of sock
When I plan on going on a long walk
To my frazzle seasick eyes
You’re the sight of the shore

When people so cold cause a snowstorm
You’re the cosy sweater that keeps me warm
You’re the marvelous pieces put together
From all those pages I tore

Time washes by quick
You might be gone in a click
And when the minute hand ceases waiting for us
Know that you were loved from the depth of my core
-Maithili

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Will You- a poem

Safety net- a poem

Still gain ground- a poem