Will I be loud?- a poem

 Will I be loud?

image by @rare_rascal


I am mostly an extrovert

Isolated in my mind

Customer service is my thing

But friends are hard to find

I write on the walls

And untether relationships

I flow with water

But I am alone on the ship

I can read the room

But never my own mind

I perplex myself

And drown in time

I ask for what I want

I am terrified of hearing “No”

What if all love bestowed on me

Was a mere pretention show

I have faith I am special

But what if that’s a lie

Everyone says I’m a leader

But sometimes I’m shy

I dance in the rain

I’m anxious and charismatic

I’m brimming with bravado

But I’m also scared of it

My potential’s a fact

But success just a vision

Sometimes it’s all about

Taking that decision

Will I make it through

Will my parents be proud

Will I cry away

Or will I be loud?

-Maithili

 

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Will You- a poem

Safety net- a poem

Still gain ground- a poem