Raised very well- a poem

 Raised very well

Meandering through hell,
Ma, how did you raise me so well?
How did you nurture my confidence
When you had been so tense
You drove me to my hobbies daily
While you were being driven crazy
When you unflinchingly step out of your line
You know you send chills down their spine?
For every mother and wife who turns a blind eye
You set an example unbelievably high
Ma, how did I become this woman
Clear headed within the commotion
How did you pay me all this attention
When you never got a mention
How did you manage to send me so far
Ma, when they contained you behind bars
How did your impulsiveness twirl
Into patient thought inside your girl?
Your potential inspired my heart
And that's how I'm creating art
You teach me love and I'm still learning
You ignited a spark and it's still burning
People made you think you were an unworthy mess
But you should know that I never settle for less
And with a glance people can tell
That I was raised very well
They appreciate my zest
And know that I was raised by the best
-Maithili

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Will You- a poem

Safety net- a poem

Still gain ground- a poem