Still gain ground- a poem

 Still gain ground

Imagine waking up a fine morning

But your window still shows night

You have breakfast and get ready for work

But still no trace of a single speck of light

 

As if the sun forgot to show up

When you expected to have a bright day

Every other commitment retains its schedule

Just not a sole sign of ray

 

Those bubbles of anxiety in my chest multiply

When I expect a little more

Got mad at you and locked my room

Still haven’t heard a single knock on the door

 

You know I expect you like sun

Every day you brighten me

How did you manage to not show up

When you knew darkness would frighten me

 

But I’m learning that I’m my own solace

I’m embracing being wise

Streetlight operation I’ve just been taught

Because I know the sun won’t always rise

 

My headphones, my only dependable best friends

And my music: a best friend’s rant

If my body is a not-for-profit cooperation

Then dance is my biggest grant


When anxiety starts beating in my heart

I soothe my chest with my own hand

When laying in bed feels stifling

In the middle of the street, I stand

 

Maybe men are a mere muse

For women as loud and zesty

In their world designed for right-handed ladies

I’ll always be a lefty

 

I only have two choices

Pull myself together and act sound

Or be unabashed by insanity

And still madly gain ground

 -Maithili

Comments

  1. I love that streetlight operation
    Beautiful
    So real
    My eyes are wet
    Now streetlight also seems to be blurry with wet eyes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Will You- a poem

Safety net- a poem