Two families- a poem

Two families



 Delhi hits home

But Peterborough itself isn’t foreign land

Mumma makes the best food

But Himanshu feeds me with his hand

Dad makes sure nothing disturbs my sleep

But Meraj wakes me up with kisses

Dad fulfills all my needs

But Meraj, my unreasonable wishes

Namrata’s, “I’ll miss you again” was as genuine

As Apurva’s, “I’m glad you’re back”

Mumma thinks I’m outstanding

But Eesha makes me stand out by getting everyone else to wear black

Namrata Riya organized a party for me

But Eesha left one because I couldn’t go

Namrata hears about my struggles without judgement

But Apurva struggles with me in the snow

Those stupid sibling fights with Jai have my heart

But Aashay isn’t any less than an annoying elder brother

Dramatically clinging to Riya is fun

But Shaunak’s hugs are like no other

Meraj gets me beautiful red roses

And my Mumma, always lilies

I’m not sure what is that you’re proud of

But my flex is having two families

-Maithili

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Will You- a poem

Safety net- a poem

Still gain ground- a poem