A friend to all is a friend to none- a poem

 

A friend to all is a friend to none


Because unicorns can write stories too

They can write that I left you behind like CN Tower from the window of the train

I’m painfully hard to impress while you were everyone’s to attain

Your tinsel beauty shined under the sun and people got pictures standing beside

We all thought you were a marvel, none of us knew what was inside

 

So naïve, I assumed you were only mine to touch and I poured my trust

But CN Tower is renowned for entertaining every tourist’s lust

They write that every time you caressed me, it’ll live on me as an indelible stain

So, I left you behind like CN Tower from the window of the train

 

Because I don’t share my people and you’re a community commodity

Laughing, dancing, drinking, and sleeping with every other woman in the city

I’m too special to be special to someone like you

Because unicorns can write stories too

-a white unicorn with a rainbow horn

-Maithili

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Will You- a poem

Safety net- a poem

Still gain ground- a poem