A message to my friends back home- a poem

 A message to my friends back home

Send me a text today

I know we haven’t chatted in a long while

Don’t tell me you’re busy today

Because my to-do list isn’t a page, it’s a pile

 

Let’s discuss a problem today

And one thing that is going right

You tell me how much you want me there

And I’ll tell you I need a hug so tight

 

I’ll rant about the stupid supervisor

While you tell me how you’ll punch her face

And when you tell me how you feel you’re running too slow

I’ll scream “Honey life is not a race”

 

I’ll tell you about my romantic life

And you can remind me of the whore me

When you describe how awfully single you are

I’ll promise you’ll still get married before me

 

Tell me you’ll take a flight to come feed me

If I don’t eat well everyday

Let’s crack some silly jokes together

Homie, Let’s cry a little today

-Maithili

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Will You- a poem

Safety net- a poem

Still gain ground- a poem