Blank Slate- a poem

 Blank Slate


I am a blank slate
Where love and loneliness conflate
My energy is the bait
But I'm not the kind you wanna date

I overflow with love and have enough for the land
I burn with passion and sink into the sand
Little gestures make me bubble up
But I'm not everyone's tea cup

Nile is an extension of my tears
But my smile is so loud it'll stun your ears
I'll carve our connection on a stone
But I wanna go for a swim alone

I like the non-judgement and freedom
But I find the isolation dumb
I'm passionate about my assignments at school
And loathe the hustle culture's rule

My research is up to date
My strong opinions I fiercely state
I'm always up for a debate
I'm a blank slate
-Maithili

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Will You- a poem

Safety net- a poem

Still gain ground- a poem