Will You- a poem

 Will You


I’ve been musing quite a while

Do I want it cryptic or clear

I could throw my verse in this universe

Or imprint entire cosmos, my dear

 

I think I’ll commence without salt or spices

Raw description of the most gorgeous man around the city

Your eyes are so seraphic

That I wonder if I’m sufficiently pretty

 

So chivalrous, soft, masculine, and kind

I feel so safe with your arms wrapped around

Your mere presence chokes me with emotion

You just have to look at me to make my heart pound

 

But you blow hot and cold

I’m all in and you seem to have no clue

You mystify me to pieces and I wonder

If I say I love you, will you?

 

I watch Gilmore Girls these days

And when I see Dean kissing Rory

I imagine scenarios of you kissing me

Hoping you too fabricate our story

 

See, I now notice every white car in town

Hoping one of them would slow down near me

And then you’ll pick me up and drive me around

Until you show me all there is to see

 

My love can be too intense for some to handle

But I demand one of them isn’t you

You mystify me to pieces and I wonder

If I say, I love you, will you?

 

Honey, I can look into your eyes and say I’m all in

Because I mastered my landing before I flew

I possess the courage to be hurt so tell me

If I say I love you, will you?

 -Maithili

 

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safety net- a poem

Still gain ground- a poem