My eloquence fails me- a poem

 
My eloquence fails me


I thought I’d release

All these emotions, chaotic and brand new

I thought I’d write

But words don’t do justice to how I feel about you

 

I can’t start to describe the back rub

Just know it soothed me a little too much

I could write how I feel when you hold me

But words don’t do justice to your touch

 

Oh, damn and your eyes

I tried comparing them to the deep waters or the blue rose

But I’ve heard all the exquisite songs

And none of them come close

 

Don’t get me started

On when you lay them on me

I am certain my fingertips will crash

If I dare to weave this into poetry

 

My eloquence fails me

When I type up dreams that would never come true

Then I decide to print the sleepless nights

But words don’t do justice to how much I think about you

 

Just know my heart beats at an unprecedented rate

I smile knowing well it might just explode

For a moment I’m tempted to pen it all down

 But the weight of this love is too heavy for my keyboard


It’s overwhelming like drowning

But as liberating as flying too

I get induced every now and then

But I know words won’t do justice to how I feel about you

 -Maithili

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Will You- a poem

Safety net- a poem

Still gain ground- a poem