A couple of weeks- a poem

 A couple of weeks


I refuse to submit to the grandiosity of time

And fall victim to the trick it plays

Because it is not how many days you love someone for

It is how much you love someone in those days

 

And for a couple weeks I believed in fairytales

And dreamed of you every single night

Afraid of being an extra weight on people’s shoulders

For a couple weeks, I felt light

 

For a couple weeks I drowned in your eyes

To see you, I counted down days and hours

In the mere hope of witnessing your smile

For a couple weeks, I got you flowers

 

For a couple weeks I loved you whole

And I loved how your fingers felt on my skin

Even though I knew I’d come out heartbroken

For a couple weeks, I was all in

 

So, remember us happy and remember us hurt

Remember us afraid and remember us strong

But most importantly, remember this story

Even though it was only a couple of weeks long

-Maithili

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Will You- a poem

Safety net- a poem

Still gain ground- a poem