Last forever- poem

Last forever 


An aura so magnetic that I was enarmoured by your charm

Long before I had a chance to admire the tattoos on your left arm

 

With a delicate demeanour, you laid on me the honesty in your eyes

Sedated, I would almost certainly believe all of your lies

 

You don’t even know what I would give to just see your smile

Because no has made me feel so deeply loved in a while

  

Your seraphic presence puts my chaos to ease

I run to you like I run to the water for some peace

 

Accustomed to bravado, I didn’t remember I was capable of being shy

Until, I blushed and felt my body tremble every time you came by

 

I don’t care for compliments, but my chest puffs up when you call me clever

Might have been the first time I have really wanted something to last forever

-Maithili


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Will You- a poem

Safety net- a poem

Still gain ground- a poem