Correct me if I'm wrong- a poem

 Correct me if I'm wrong

picture from: @sevdadeniz_caricatures


Last night you cried before you went to bed
But your parents are unaware of a single tear you shed
You thought Canada is what you need but now you're not sure if you belong
Correct me if I'm wrong, Correct me if I'm wrong

You thought you'd find your tribe among the lighter skin shade
But cultural shock is massive and you're trying hard not to self degrade
You're wondering if your life changing decision was entirely wrong
Correct me if I'm wrong, Correct me if I'm wrong

You're working day and night to be rich despite enormous stress
Yet making even ends meet feels like an endless process
You can't afford the flight back home and so the wait is going to prolong
Correct me if I'm wrong, Correct me if I'm wrong

Numerous little wins but no one to pat on your back
No one to say, "You've done enough for today, cut yourself some slack"
Some days you feel too weak to stay strong
Correct me if I'm wrong
-Maithili

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Will You- a poem

Safety net- a poem

Still gain ground- a poem