freedom

 

I can see the ocean in your sunglasses

and the leashes in your hand

my arms around your neck

and my bare feet in the sand

 

I exist in truth before your eyes

there is nothing to hold back

I am silly and wise at the same moment

I give you my hyperactive and my slack

 

I am clumsy and intelligent

I’m the life of the party and I meditate

I like the nights when we cuddle on the couch

and I like to be taken on a date


you ask me if I love you

and I most lovingly nod

I’m not a religious person

but you make it easy to believe in God.

 

no limitations to what is accepted here

no 9-5s, no alarms

no constriction of time, body, and place

no doubt, I become freedom in your arms

-maithili

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spirit

Hazel eyes

you don't understand